UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May I Use This Area To Ask A Question?

magwai

Could someone explain to me the membership 'groups' on The Refuge please? I am confused as to what a 'member' is in relation to an 'established member' both in terms of criteria and effect. Also the definition of a 'rescue representative' please.

Thank you

*snort*

of course

with the welcome forum - all new members are "members" until they reach 30 posts

after that they are "established members" and can no long post in the "place to start"

:)

A rescue representitive is the person who represents the rescue on the refuge. They are the prime contact, often the owner, trustee or chairperson. The rescue helpers are the fosterers and other helpers.

(the snort was cos I was confused to start too... )

Ah, I expect my confusion arose as not all members were updated at the same time? There didn't seem to be much logic looking at a member joining on xx xx 06 with 100 posts being 'established' and another having joined in 2005 with 300 posts not being so :unsure:

Thank you for your explanation.

In respect of the rescue representatives, personally I would find it useful to know which rescue they represent - it is not always immediately apparent? Useful in as much as when volunteering for transport runs etc. one can appear quite dense when approached by someone you had no idea was actually connected with the rescue at all :laugh: This is a special kind of stupidity peculiar to me though, perhaps :biggrin:

In respect of the rescue representatives, personally I would find it useful to know which rescue they represent - it is not always immediately apparent? Useful in as much as when volunteering for transport runs etc. one can appear quite dense when approached by someone you had no idea was actually connected with the rescue at all :laugh: This is a special kind of stupidity peculiar to me though, perhaps :biggrin:

THat's a good point. I think most have sigs which say who they represent. THere is no-where in the forum setup other than the sig which really allows for it.

Rick had to do the migration and it probably was not instant. And it may not be 100% - if anyone thinks something is awry - please let us know.