UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone Going To Be At Sats Show In Warlingham On 25th June?

LurcherGirl

I think it's the very nature of Obedience itself that encourages people to get uptight.

When you're worried about tiny imperfections in performance it's bound to affect your outlook.

I've only dabbled in competition, but there didn't seem to be many chilled out people at the shows I've been to.

Depends where you are really! :laugh:

I prefer to work one of my collies later in the day because she has had time to chill out and is less 'giddy' whereas other people like a draw 'cos their dog works best in the mornings - just luck I guess :rolleyes:

Most people are anxious when getting ready to go in but are more chilled away from the ring, I go to enjoy the day, have fun, meet friends and have lunch!!

other people like a draw 'cos their dog works best in the mornings

My Hazel is definitely a first thing in the morning dog in Agility.

Not sure about Obedience. No doubt I'll find out if I actually summon up the energy to go to Wigton in August.

I have entered (not seriously - it was more to give me some incentive to practise), but we're at Stoneleigh near Birmingham on the Saturday for a YKC Crufts Jumping qualifier, supposed to be at Wigton near Carlisle for Obedience on the Sunday and near Barnard Castle in Co Durham for Championship Agility on the Monday.

Pam

My Hazel is definitely a first thing in the morning dog in Agility.

Not sure about Obedience. No doubt I'll find out if I actually summon up the energy to go to Wigton in August.

I have entered (not seriously - it was more to give me some incentive to practise), but we're at Stoneleigh near Birmingham on the Saturday for a YKC Crufts Jumping qualifier, supposed to be at Wigton near Carlisle for Obedience on the Sunday and near Barnard Castle in Co Durham for Championship Agility on the Monday.

Pam

:ohmy:

:ohmy:

Exactly - I must be singlehandedly responsible for global warming.

And my daughter was asked to judge Agility at Scunthorpe the same weekend but I couldn't work out a reasonably practical way of doing it.

Edited by mum24dog

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Vera that's horrible bad luck, hope you find what it was Dylan caught himself on. I hurt my neck too yesterday but am trying not to think about it as it's just a niggle at the moment although training usually makes it worse :(

Do go if you aren't in too much pain, you could always offer to help with being a scent decoy or a scoreboard steward. I found that really useful as I wouldn't normally get chance to watch the more experienced classes and boy can you watch your own mistakes!

We're at Wolv. on Saturday and I am already dreading it with nerves as who knows what Ted. will decide to do on the day and I have to be there for 7am to help set up so am very tempted to leave him at home and just be a helper. Not brave enough or good enough with directions yet to steward!

Hope your neck feels better quickly, codeine is a fabulous friend.

Lindsey.

I didn't go in the end... :( But I have been board stewarding a few times in the last three year and have been scent decoy too... and might be again at the SEDTS in Warlingham on 15th July (club where I train). I'll definitely be there in the later afternoon to help out. I won't bring any dogs with me though.

Vera