UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Well That Was An Unmitigated Disaster!

Kerrio

If he's not enjoying it, then removing him from the environment isn't going to teach him it's a good thing to do :(

:wacko: :wacko: ??

Too many negatives..... sorry - parser is broken.

So... erm he does not enjoy it... so I take him til he does? By which time he has learned to bark his head off every time he sees a dog.....so the other 4 dogs join in. I think I will pass on that one.

No, you teach him an more profitable (to him) alternative - simple ;)

Yup - being well behaved on a walk or at home works for me.

Ultimately - he does enjoy agility - but for all the wrong reasons - and with all the will in the world it's not for every dog. I also have a bit of a mental block problem with the idea of having to carry a clicker about all the time - but that's another discussion.

I had hoped that the experience would be good for both of us in a "bonding/learning" kind of way - what it has done is taught him to get over excited in the presence of other dogs - which is not a learning experience I can afford to reinforce as he will ulitmately teach KuBrin the same thing.

I'm very sorry that it didn't go as planned. You're right to make the choice which is best for you and the dog.

Do you do clicker work? That would be good to teach tricks and useful stuff around the house, and also isn't over the top. Maybe even a bit of HTM style moves. Just an idea (I've never used a clicker, but heard they are great), so that the two of you can enjoy something together. :)