UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Flower Remedies

louisebt

As many of you know Diesel is on homeopathy for his vaccine damage.....

Im looking into flower remedies to try on him, i have the flower remedy book but was wondering if any of you have tried flower remedies on your dogs.. and if so which ones?

Diesel often has rescue remedy too!

Yes, I've used them, very successfully when I've used the right one(s) They can work so quickly it's amazing sometimes, and sometimes they take a few weeks or more, just depends how deep the scars are. I'm sure Deisel will appreciate them, I imagine he's already had Crab Apple.

I've used quite a few, but with Rescue animals, the main first ones are Walnut and Star of Bethlegem - Gael Mariani reckons they're nearly always a must with a rescue and I agree. Then, sadly, very often Mimulus and Rock Rose are necessary too.

For myself I like Jan de Vries Emergency Essence, seems to hit the spot for me that RR misses when I'm in shock etc.

Is it Dogs Misbehaving you have? It's excellent.

Edited by Muriel

Guest chilover

I use the Bach Flower Remedies, though of course there are others on the market.

It's important to remember that the remedies treat the dogs emotions and moods not physical illness. So...choose the remedies in accordance with how your dog appears to be "feeling" at the present time.

That said, rescue dogs or those who have had a traumatic experience will generally benefit from Star of Bethlehem, regardless. As the remedies work, be prepared to change the remedy you are giving if nec.

The only remedy which is also indicated for physical problems is Crab Apple. Among other things it is known as the "cleansing" flower remedy. This may abe a good choice for your dog if you are concerned about vaccine damage.

I give it to my cats daily, as they are on long term medication for thyroid problems. I've also used it on an elderly cat with chronic kidney failure.

Fascinating subject...they work well with the rescue guineas too :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chilover
We are using them on KuBrin - no noticable effects yet..... 4 weeks so far.

It can take several weeks for the remedies to have any noticable effects on long standing problems or issues. Obviously you also have to be using the right ones :)