UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Two Doggy Friends Lost

Fee

Sadly I heard today that two doggy friends have gone to the bridge this week. :(

Little Daisy belonged to an elderly lady along the road, and they were devoted to each other. Recently Daisy developed diabetes and has been receiving insulin treatment, but sadly there were complications and she didn't respond to treatment as hoped. She developed kidney problems and has been very ill for the last two weeks, and was finally pts this morning. Her owner is distraught, I feel so very sad for her. :mecry:

The other friend lost is Daniel, who belonged to a young couple over the road. He was literally dumped with them five years ago after a relative died suddenly - another family member turned up on their doorstep without warning and left Daniel there.

They didn't want a dog, and certainly didn't want Daniel. He was (to be blunt) a grumpy old s*d and one of the ugliest dogs I've ever seen. The trouble was nobody else wanted him either. :rolleyes: They tried for three months to find him a new home or a rescue place without success. Somehow over that time he wormed his way into their hearts - their attempts to rehome him became half hearted, then stopped altogether. He in turn became the loyalest, most devoted dog you could imagine. He seemed old when he arrived with them, but has plodded on seemingly unchanged for five years until earlier this week when he slipped away quietly in his sleep.

Daisy and Daniel often walked together and were always good friends, I'd like to think they are together somewhere watching out for one another. :wub:

Goodbye, Dasy and Daniel, you will both be much missed. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: