UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pale Poo!

Melp

Yesterday and today Sidney's poo has been very pale. Food hasn't changed at all and he's not had anything extra [they dont really have treats] never had this with any of the others,[apart from the odd squitty session but thats still been the same colour or yellowy, Sid's is almost beige :unsure:

Any idea what could be causing that?

Guest chilover
Yesterday and today Sidney's poo has been very pale. Food hasn't changed at all and he's not had anything extra [they dont really have treats] never had this with any of the others,[apart from the odd squitty session but thats still been the same colour or yellowy, Sid's is almost beige :unsure:

Any idea what could be causing that?

In humans it can be a sign of liver problems? Have no idea about dogs though...sorry :(

Obviously if it continues see your vet...

Edited by chilover

Guest chilover
Thanks, yes I will see the vet :) I thought I'd read somewhere that pale poo was fatty, of course I could have dreamt that :wacko:

No you haven't dreamt it. In people the liver produces bile, which is stored in the gall bladder then released during digestion. Bile breaks down fat so that it can be digested and used by the body. In people if the "poo" is pale it MAY be an indication that there is something amiss. It may not though...

I personally wouldn't worry too much over a couple of poops...if it continues...

I feed mine dogs raw and I have noticed that after a fatty meal (eg lamb breast) poo's can be pale and yellowy but I think that is just because of excess fat. Don't kow if that applies to your dogs though- have they eaten anything particularly fatty recently?

Nope, they have the same food every day. Burgess supasensitive with tinned meat [always the same meat]

Poo is still pale today, if it's the same tomorrow I'll make an appoinment. He's well in himself, as well as an incontinent wobbly 12 yr old can be anyway :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...