UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone Use A Moped Or Electric Bike?

zico's mum

With talk of petrol prices set to rocket I'm thinking of buying either of these to get to work as a means to cut back on fuel costs.I can use an ordinary cycle but there is a steep hill both ends and tbh at the end of a what is now a heavy shift (Care Assistant) cycling home is not very attractive :huh: plus it means leaving the dogs even longer than I do now which I hate.So anyone have either,not sure which would be the better option.It's about 1 and 3/4 miles to work.

I used to ride a moped (from when I was about 17 until I passed my car test about 13 years later) I loved it, and even went on to pass my full motorbike licence.

However, you are very exposed, you need to learn to ride defensively, and you need good protective gear (trousers and jacket and ofcourse crash helmet).

I used to do 80 miles a day three days a week at one point. If I didn't have the kids and the dogs and an OH who works shifts (so his car isn't available out of the normal 9-5) I'd go back to it. My Mum and my ex MIL also used to ride mopeds - Mum's was a Mobylette and MIL's was a Raleigh... (I had a Honda PC 50, and then a PC 70 and PC 90)