UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Help!

BillyMalc

Just a minute ago I realised that I, true to form, have got the dogs' Xmas pressie sorted (in fact I had it sorted about 2 months ago :wacko: ) but I've yet to get a pressie for my dear mum and I've not got a clue what to get her! :ohmy:

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation, so I was wondering if we could use a thread like this to help each other out?

My mum's quite an active 79 year old. She does voluntary work with her pensioners group, goes on days out and likes her nordic walking. She's recently been diagnosed as having osteoporosis, so she has to take it easy on the walking, and watch her weight (so no massive gifts of food!). A couple of years ago I gave her a rucksack (day pack) to take on her nordic walking ramblings, but looking at the state it's in if/when she brings it when she comes over, that probably is the only time she actually uses it :rolleyes: She's travelling over for Xmas from Holland, so pressies can't be too heavy or breakable. Oh, and she's a veggie! :) Anyone got any ideas for my mum? Anyone who still has to sort out gifts for any of their friends or relatives? Help! :)

does your mum have a computer?? what about a mp3 player? she could use it on her walks or just relaxing at home. i got one for my mum and dad and my dad thinks its great, he plugs it into his hifi and saves him messing with a million cds.

Sadly, mum does use her pc, but hardly ever plays any music or dvd's as it is - both me and her are equally useless when it comes to those :rolleyes: I wouldn't even want to try her with an mp3, there'd be a very big chance that the thing would never made it out of its box!

What about something she can use on her walks. Something practical. Posh stick, flask, waterproof something or other, jacket, boots, socks etc.

Does she wear perfume. You can get some nice boxed sets now. Something she likes that she can't get in Holland. I like the Sanctuary stuff in boots. Cross-stitch? Book on something she's interesetd in.

What about something she can use on her walks. Something practical. Posh stick, flask, waterproof something or other, jacket, boots, socks etc.

Does she wear perfume. You can get some nice boxed sets now. Something she likes that she can't get in Holland. I like the Sanctuary stuff in boots. Cross-stitch? Book on something she's interesetd in.

I've meanwhile got her a pair of sealskinz waterproof socks to wear inside her walking trainers - as they're not waterproof :biggrin:

Tomorrow's the day for shopping, so I'll have a looksie at the Sanctuary stuff, thanks Michelle :)

What about a pedometer ? I always find it great fun to see how far I've actually walked, or you can get really good shoe inserts for walking shoes that absorb all the shocks which might be good for her wonky bones.

You won't have a Tiso where you are but you'd be able to get these somewhere else Insoles

What about a pedometer ? I always find it great fun to see how far I've actually walked, or you can get really good shoe inserts for walking shoes that absorb all the shocks which might be good for her wonky bones.

You won't have a Tiso where you are but you'd be able to get these somewhere else Insoles

She's already got special insoles for her very wonky feet! :laugh: Pedometer is not such a bad idea, I've got about half a dozen lying about :wink: