UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Now That's The Way To Travel

cycas

Super vid!

I'm sure you are right about Huskies etc in rescue, so many people buy them because of their amazing looks or because it's the in dog to have at the moment. So many don't have the least idea what they are taking on, they are not a breed for the inexperienced or the faint hearted! Cecil is only half bred but he has not been as easy dog and although I do think of myself as an experienced dog owner I don't think I'd take on another.

We have a lot on our estate at present...apparently someone has a pair, and they had pups, which all seemed to stay around here. I saw the guy who owns the pair the other week, he was hauling back on the leads and bellowing "don't pull!" at them..I nearly said that's what they are bred to do, you numpty! Discretion overcame valour though, he doesn't look the type to take comments like that well. There is at least one husky in the local RSPCA kennels, poor lad.

Not quite the same, but we have a few Inuit dogs locally around here. The other day I came round a bush and found one looking at me, no owner to be seen, no collar, and I seriously had a ' F**K ME THAT'S A WOLF run4hills.gif ' moment before he started to wag and came over for a cuddle. laugh.gif

One of the women on my work forum boards is after a husky puppy at the moment. She works full time, has no garden and never had a dog before. Hmm recipe for disaster me thinks!! Had to put my two penneth across!! She still really wants one though, even though everyone has told her it's an awful idea!!

A pet shop which has now closed due to marriage breakdown was owned by a guy who did a lot of husky racing. We mentioned how much we like them and his reply was don't get one unless you can devote plenty of time for exercise, have good high fences, are aware that if you let them off the lead and they take off (and they will) you don't have a hope in hell of catching them, and have a big garden where they can let off steam as they are NOT couch potato dogs who are happy to laze around the house. Maybe if you tell her that it might put her off?