UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Basset Hound Rehoming Help Needed

purple_mog

Hello all - a quick post as I am looking for any rescues who may be able to help with the rehoming of a Basset Hound who has some resource guarding issues. I have contacted Basset Welfare but unfortunately they are not able to help.

This is a very smart dog, 2 years old and keen to work at anything! He has benefited and improved with a good training programme but the family is unable to continue the work. Situation is not urgent as they will keep him as long as necessary but we do need to look for alternatives.

thanks very much

Morag

• 3 weeks later...

I might know a rescue that can help, they tend to rehome to agility/flyball peeps (although he may not be able to do those, the owners will be experienced dog people!). I'll get back to you.

Thankyou so much!!! He is definitely up for working in terms of tracking and nosework if that helps?

we don't need fostering, just a rescue that is willing to work with me and the owners, I can give a full history and assessment on the dog and happy to provide back-up support as needed. I really DON'T want the owners to advertise in the paper though and risk getting him into an unsuitable home and with no rescue back-up?

thanks for all your help :flowers: