UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gluten Free Scone Recipe

Mrs B

I've been asked to make some gluten free plain scones for tomorrow, and just wondered if anyone had a recipe that they have used that they know works.

I have 'done' gluten free baking before, so have a cupboard full of ingredients - and this person is just avoiding gluten rather than having any other stringent requirements.

The two websites I normally refer to don't actually have a scone recipe, and I'm a bit concerned that, as gluten free mixtures need to be sloppier than normal, the cutting out of the scones is going to be a bit of a challenge.

Anyway, if anyone has a recipe that they know works, I would be delighted if they could post it here for me. :flowers:

Otherwise I'll have to stick a pin into those available on the web search. :unsure:

sorry i have no idea about recipes :flowers: but just wanted to ask if you do manage to make some would you post the recipe when you have time...please :flowers: it would be lovely to make some scones and if gluten free the dogs could have a bit :biggrin:

with regard the cutting out...could you kind of shape them with your hands?

Griff, do your dogs need gluten free?

If so, I'll try to have a hunt at the weekend to see if I can find a "dog muffin" recipe for you.

Or do you just want to share scones with your dogs.

One suggestion for cutting out soggy scones is an ice cream scoop apparently - which I just happen to have.

Just off into town for my lunch walk, which looks as if it will involve visiting the library to see if I can spot any recipes there. T'internet is just confusing me!