UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Allergy Free Dogs

one.eyed.dog

She is allergic to all short haired cats and dogs they bring on her asthma, my pair can also trigger it if I've brushed them within about 20 hours of her visiting, she seems to be okay with all other small furries.

My mum had asthma and she found it was long coated/scruffy dogs that brought it on in a very short space of time. Was fine with my brothers Gt Danes and my greyhounds. Just goes to show what an individual thing it is.

Think that you friend is going to have to be with different dogs to find which one is best for her. Both in personality and allergy ways. Good luck for her in the search.flowers.gif

I'd hate to be in a situation like her. I'm allergic to nothing thank goodness.

I'd touch wood before you say that! I was reading yesterday that a lot of adults even in their forties are suddenly becoming allergic to things that they never were, including the woman the article focused on, who was a world class horse rider who suddenly became so badly allergic to horses that she's had to give up...so looks like none of us can feel safe. :ohmy: edited to add: my daughter wheezes and sneezes when she's here with our cavalier and lurcher..but she never did when we had pomeranians and papillons, though poms are heavy coated and paps have a long coat, so maybe two more breeds to consider?

Edited by suzeanna

One of my friends is really allergic to Kiera, who is, like Sparks and my friend's own dog, a collie X. She, unfortunately, is also the only person I can call on to look after the hooligans when I have to go away, or recently in the case of my flat's renovation. It does get better after about a week or so. Funnily enough, the same friend lived with me for over a year, and her allergy must have developed gradually over time, because otherwise she would not have moved in in the first place! :wacko:

I'd touch wood before you say that! I was reading yesterday that a lot of adults even in their forties are suddenly becoming allergic to things that they never were,

I was in my 40's when I became allergic to my oh so there could be something in that :biggrin: .

Terri

Mini schnauzers are great for allergy sufferers and they are a cracking dog too! Everyone absolutely loves my little Ted! Ted is one of the few dogs I have known who actually has a sense of humour!!!

JRTs shed like mad (or Wilf did), so I can't imagine them being great for an allergy sufferer.