UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cat Lovers

mad as a catter

As you probably know, I am a fosterer for Coventry Cat Group, one of our fosterers has just installed a live kitty cam, and we have a tortie Mum to be in the early stages of labour now.

http://www.coventryc...up.org.uk/news/

Hope this link works for you if you want to see how she is doing.

I also have a Mum due any time!

:wub: Aww she's all fidgetty bless her.I remember Jemima when she was like this :wub:

Ta for sharing :flowers:

Both the Mum cats in the Group have given/are giving birth more or less at the same time. I have been up since around 6 this morning. I feel sick about one of them, as it was cold when I felt it, and we have tried to warm it and put it with its Mum and siblings. I have them on cctv and am keeping a close eye on them, we have taken her wet bedding away and given her clean and dry instead.

Our co-ordinator's foster cat has obviously done this before poor thing. Well at least now they will both be spayed soon.

Both the Mum cats in the Group have given/are giving birth more or less at the same time. I have been up since around 6 this morning. I feel sick about one of them, as it was cold when I felt it, and we have tried to warm it and put it with its Mum and siblings. I have them on cctv and am keeping a close eye on them, we have taken her wet bedding away and given her clean and dry instead.

Our co-ordinator's foster cat has obviously done this before poor thing. Well at least now they will both be spayed soon.

And meantime, they're warm, well fed and loved. :flowers: I wish Mums and babies happy futures; it's lovely to see them. :wub:

And meantime, they're warm, well fed and loved. :flowers: I wish Mums and babies happy futures; it's lovely to see them. :wub:

Sadly my Mummy has had a stillbirth. It was still attached to its placenta, and she hadn't chosen to lick it.

But look at the camera now and you will see one that has just been born that is with Angie. This Mum clearly has done this before.

Sadly my Mummy has had a stillbirth. It was still attached to its placenta, and she hadn't chosen to lick it.

But look at the camera now and you will see one that has just been born that is with Angie. This Mum clearly has done this before.

I keep going back to look - it's compelling viewing. :wub: I'm sorry you lost one baby, but perhaps Mummy knew something was wrong with it? I expect you're exhausted too - but it's lovely that these mother cats are getting the care they deserve. :flowers:

Thanks for your kindly comments. It is a shame for my foster Mum, she can only be around 9 months old herself. These young Mums are usually the kittens from the year before, and they are no longer a new plaything. angry.gif

It's so sad, isn't it? Just kittens themselves, but past the novelty stage. :(

The kittens on the webcam look very lively at the moment - and their Mum is beautiful. :wub: