UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Contracts And Wording And Stuff

Sarah B

I am trying to do a contract for HPCD (my pet care business)

I basically want one contract that covers everything, so people don't have to keep signing forms if they have more than one service.

What sort of things need to be covered? I have things like travel costs, amount of hours animals can be left by myself if I am looking after them, permissions to take animal to the customers vet if I think they need veterinary attention, dogs will be kept onlead unless a disclaimer is signed and I am confident enough in the dog, the dog(s) must be vaccinated unless there is a good medical reason, they must have an ID tag on their collar, I will not walk dogs on a choke or check chain but if I feel the dog will walk better on a harness/halter I can use that, bitches in heat will not be walked etc.

Also need help with wording. I need a disclaimer saying that while HPCD will look after animals like they were my own, sometimes bad stuff happens and HPCD cannot take any responsibility for that. Also need to say that if I am booked for any time period, I must be paid for the entire period eg I am booked for a 12 hour visit but the owners come home after 11 hours I will still expect to be paid for the 12 hours, and I need something to say if the owners are late and I feel the animal(s) cannot be left they will need to pay extra for the cover, and cancellations fees - I don't even know where to start with that...

Any ideas? :unsure:

pm me your addy and I will forward you our terms and conditions page that I have every customer sign. you probably wouldnt need to tweek it that much, and it was written by the family solicitor so should cover you for pretty much everything :flowers: