UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Domain Name Hosting Advice Please

Rachel

Please can I pick the brains of the web savvy folks here?

Our .org.uk domain name is due for renewal very soon and I want to move it away from the planks it is with currently. I know Go Daddy has been recommended before but they don't do .org.uk domains. Can anyone recommend somewhere I can transfer it to. We need somewhere where it is easy to set up the website address to point to our forum. I don't want to get it wrong and my brain hurts with looking......

I recommend 123reg to my clients that want cheapo domain reg/hosting and want to manage it themselves. Never had a problem with them, they do what it says on the tin and on the rare occasion I've had to actually talk to someone, I've managed to get hold of someone intelligent with reasonable ease.

When you go on their site to do a transfer it gives you a drop down menu for the endings and .org.uk wasn't shown when I did it so I rang their customer service centre and they told me they couldn't do it. It does give the option to buy new .org.uk domains through them, just not transfer existing ones.

Edited by Rachel