UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lassie Valentine - Beautiful Collie X Girl

Fee

18thFebruary2010

lassieocbeautiful.jpg

Lassie is lovely 11 year old Collie Cross lady whose former owner could sadly no longer look after her. She is in an Oldies Club foster home in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, waiting for someone to offer her a permanent home.

Heart breaker: Lassie was obviously loved very much. She arrived with all of her things, a note including details of her routine, and a Thank You Valentines Card for her, thanking her for always being there and telling her to be happy in her new home. The card was signed by her owner, his sister, and on behalf of a deceased family member who had obviously also loved her. Understandably, Lassie's foster carer was in tears when she read this.

lassieocsad.jpg

Settled quickly: Despite coming from such a caring home, Lassie has settled into her foster home very well and she is ready to move on with her life and begin her retirement in a new forever home.

lassieoclooksathorizon.jpg

Beautiful inside and out: Lassie is a very pretty girl with a slim, petite frame. She is friendly, enjoys a tickle, and gives a happy wag when she sees you. She has bright, shining eyes and seems to be happy. Her foster carer tells us "This morning I took her out and a lady I know asked how old the puppy was – apart from a little greying around the face, which you can't see straight away, she looks like a young happy dog!"

lassieocprofile.jpg

Out and about: Lassie travels really well. When she was collected, she settled down in the crate straight away and you could have forgotten she was there! She's a playful girl who is lively for her age. She enjoys her short walks (she has a torn ligament and whilst this heals she is only having short walks). She pulls on the lead but this seems to be due to excitement as she likes to sniff at absolutely everything and she has been missing out on walks in recent times. She likes tennis balls but she pulls them to bits!

Great with people: She loves meeting people and has met 3 children, aged 8, 10 & 12 and was absolutely fine with them, thoroughly enjoying the attention and tickles.

Good with dogs: Lassie is good with other dogs and is sharing her foster home withGinny. Their foster carer says: "They have been fine together apart from a couple of growls when Ginny tried to steal Lassie's chew (serves her right!) and once when Ginny sat beside Lassie and touched Lassie's sore leg (understandable)." We were told that Lassie chases cats and squirrels but she has shown no interest in her foster carer's rabbit who lives in a hutch in the garden. She likes to watch birds out of the window though and might chase given the chance.

Good appetite: Despite her slim frame, Lassie loves her food. Her foster carer says "I think treats are a novelty as her owner used to give her a small handful of mixer as a treat when she had been good – perhaps this is why she is an ideal weight!! I'll have to stop myself over-indulging her!!!"

Health notes: Lassie is neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, wormed and flea-treated. She has been vet-checked and was found to have a torn cruciate ligament for which she is having pain relief. She is due a further check to see how it is healing. Despite this she is lively and is running around quite happily and has to be stopped so that she doesn't do any damage! She has a couple of small lumps and these will be checked by the vet. The vet said that she is just the right weight.

lassieocrests.jpg

Lassie's foster carer sums her up: She will make an absolutely fantastic pet; she is an adorable looking girl and I'm sure her new home won't take too long to find.

——————

If you would like to find out more about Lassie, please refer to our Adoption Procedures for information about the adoption process. You can then contact an Oldies Club rehoming co-ordinator as follows:

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 0844 586 8656

Lassie can be rehomed anywhere in the UK, subject to a satisfactory home visit, but note that you will be required to travel to the foster home to meet her.

• 3 weeks later...