UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ohhhhhhhh

Jasmine

• 6 months later...

I can't believe where the time has gone, it's scary. We adopted Grace the Orange Belton in Feb. Having 3 old girls we thought it would be nice to have a young un to liven them up. Both had been starved so we had lots of problems at first and thought we'd have to rehome her. She was food aggressive (understandable) and had a few goes at Sham and Ruby as they'll fight over their own food.

Sham took to living upstairs and was nervous so obviously it couldn't carry on. I spoke to loads of behaviourists etc etc and the gist being that we couldn't change Grace. Anyway to cut a long story short I decided to get stuck in, calm down and keep trying. The outcome of which is that all is peace and harmony now. I give the old girls their food and Grace sits and waits for hers, I put it down and she looks at me until I tell her "okay" and praise her. She's not allowed to touch the other girls bowls even when empty and I am always vigilant. Saying all this Sham pinches Lindy's if I'm not watching but Lindy won't fight.

She's put on 5 kilo's now and knows she doesn't need to fight to get her tum full. And she's off on her first holiday to Scotland next week, do you think she'll like it here? No limit on dogs in any of the cottages that's why we keep going back trying different ones.

http://www.ellary.com/html/bungalow_gallery.html

She's a little darling and a typical sweet loving English Setter.

Couple of pics:

Enjoying their walk and treats.

47415_428629433739_705238739_5089933_1996446_n.jpg

Having fun

57972_428647263739_705238739_5090349_4410133_n.jpg

Thinking she's off with Dad to Silverstone to watch the Grand Prix, haha.

35437_409010103739_705238739_4598679_4099669_n.jpg

What fab. pictures, aren't your girls stunning! Looking forward to another Oldies foster when one comes up - we last spoke when little Sammy yorkie went off to Birminham to her new home earlier in the year and I remember you saying that you might have had to make a tough decision to rehome Grace because of the effect she was having on the others. You were so good to get stuck in as you put it - what a result! Wonderful!

Sally