UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fundraising For Arc

purple_mog

Well, I will be cycling the C2C route with my work colleague Gill (and some other mad people) from Whitehaven to South Shields over three days in May 2010, covering 147 miles and some very big hills. We are doing this to raise money for ARC (Antenatal Results and Choices) (http://www.arc-uk.org/), in memory of Gill's daughter Anna and to help ARC support other families who face the heartbreak of a decision on whether to continue a pregnancy where the outlook for the baby is bleak. There is some info below about the charity themselves, I'm also raising money for them having seen just how many of my friends have gone through difficult decisions relating to their pregnancies in the last couple of years :GroupHug: I know this isn't dog-related, but thought some of the Fugee peeps might be interested :)

ARC supports everyone who contacts them at any stage of a prenatal testing process and continues to do so whatever decision they reach. They are there for parents, grandparents and to help with the process of explaining to older children. They provide the standard literature given to parents facing these decisions and deliver extensive training to doctors, midwives, and other health professionals. They are a small charity and the work they do is in an area no one wants to think about. Please help them to be there for families who are suddenly forced to make decisions no parent should ever have to think about.

We will be taking regular pictures to demonstrate our careful training routine [snort] and unless you donate generously we may even inflict lycra-clad pictures on you!

Our just giving page