UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Buying Electrical Goods From Ebay

purple_mog

I guess it depend's on how much they are asking for it as to whether it's worth the risk, have a trawl through E Bay's buying procedures, there might be something there to tell you, I'd guess if it turned out to be a duffer, then you'd be entitled to your money back, but you'd possibly have to return the machine yourself, rather than them picking it up.

If it's a reasonable age, described as working, is local so that you can collect and see it working beforehand etc and it's cheap enough I'd be grabbing it personally - I love a bargain biggrin.gif

I wouldn't be so keen on relying on Ebays buying terms etc if it were being shipped to me, the seller had a questionable feedback or description etc - there are plenty of local auctions you can look at in person

I've not been to one of theirs so can't say whether goods are / can be tested etc but you could also try

http://www.chrisclubley.co.uk/auctions.htm held at Melbourne

or if willing to travel to Woodmansey, Haltemprice Auctions Enquiries( 01482) 224362:Sale day 07885 686043 - unlike certain auctioneers he wont knowingly sell you anything with a problem unless he's told you what it is beforehand and you're happy to bid knowing of that.