UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Memory Foam

griff

a while ago somebody had a dog who was recovering from a big op and the lady had bought some memory foam for putting in her dogs crate as her dog was on strict rest, it looked fab and comfy and i want to get my pair some for their living room bed (i have the covers already) i am sure the lady got it off ebay (i think the dog was an american bull dog) i can't find anything thick enough or big enough and i was hoping somebody could find a link for me , i have done a search on here under memory foam and nothing pops up.

thanks

Have you had a look in Dunelm Mill ?....they do mem foam mattress toppers for about the same price as the beds on e bay, they are thinner but you could cut them up and double the thickness , you could probably get two beds out of one topper unsure.gif....or.....Dunelm also have bags of mem foam off-cuts (they look like a bag of Flump sweeties) for £5, you could make your own.

thanks both, i want it to be quite thick, probably 7 cm's and it needs to be i think 147 cms, i will have a look at dunelm mill, i found a site who will do one for £31 +p&p. my mum and dad bought the dogs some new beds when they were on holiday, i love the cover but the filling is pants :laugh:

:flowers: :flowers: thankyou all, well i went to TJ Hughes today and had a look at matress toppers in there..... got a double one for £34.99 !!!! managed to get it home, took it out of the packaging and the 2 dogs were wrestling on it immediately :laugh: folded it in half, shoved it in the cover from their bed and stuffed the folded double quilt (which came with the cover) underneath it.... flipping brilliant both dogs love it and even i found it comfy :laugh: hopefully this will help my eldest joints :biggrin:

:flowers: :flowers: thankyou all, well i went to TJ Hughes today and had a look at matress toppers in there..... got a double one for £34.99 !!!! managed to get it home, took it out of the packaging and the 2 dogs were wrestling on it immediately :laugh: folded it in half, shoved it in the cover from their bed and stuffed the folded double quilt (which came with the cover) underneath it.... flipping brilliant both dogs love it and even i found it comfy :laugh: hopefully this will help my eldest joints :biggrin:

Glad you found one, it sounds great and what a bargain too :)

i was really surprised at the price i got it for!!! they do them in single for £25 but they were out of stock so will buy one for their upstairs matress when they are back in :biggrin: they do them online too

http://www.tjhughes.co.uk/fcp/product/brands-for-less/Mattress-Toppers/Dreameazy-Memory-Foam-Topper/2423

oooh thanks for that link, might even treat myself to one :flowers: