UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Coat For Jumble

Pendlewitch

I put a coat on Jumble because he gets wetter and dirtier that you would think possible. The problem is his bum wiggles because of his hip problems and that makes the coats slip down one side. I have to constantly pull it back over then within a minute it's slipping again. I tried leg straps but all that did was pull the strap up into his groin which he was not too pleased about. I've looked at the coats that have legs in them which would be lovely for keeping him clean and dry but a BC would look a tad silly in one and don't think he would be too delighted either. Anyone have any ideas for a non slipcoat!

I have to say Jumble does not see that there is a problem but a soaking wet, mud encrusted, horse or cow poo covered hound is not ideal in the car or kitchen. :biggrin:

I have a similar problem with Sky (old collie x spaniel boy)- he seems to manage to soak up all the mud he can find and store it in his fur for future distribution round the house.  He also has arthritis in his hips, so I like him to wear a coat when its cold - and his previous coats have all slipped off to one side, which isn't much help.

I recently bought him this coat, and so far it seems to be working really, really well for him.  Because it covers up his tummy as well, he brings in less mud.  And the tummy strap helps to stop the coat slipping round.  It also has elastic straps for the back legs, which work quite well, as the tummy section is really doing the work on the slipping, and they're just really holding the coat in close to his hips.

I was going to suggest one of these -

http://www.backontrack-uk.co.uk/dog-products3.htm

People who have used them on their dogs swear by them for aches and pains and I can confirm from personal experience that my injured knee ligaments improved dramatically and quickly when I used a knee brace made from the same fabric.

Expensive but someone has said she got her vet to prescribe a dog rug and the insurance company paid.

Pam

I was going to suggest one of these -

http://www.backontrack-uk.co.uk/dog-products3.htm

People who have used them on their dogs swear by them for aches and pains and I can confirm from personal experience that my injured knee ligaments improved dramatically and quickly when I used a knee brace made from the same fabric.

Expensive but someone has said she got her vet to prescribe a dog rug and the insurance company paid.

Pam

Ooer...looks like it covers their bums :unsure: won't it get covered in keek ? :unsure:

Ooer...looks like it covers their bums :unsure: won't it get covered in keek ? :unsure:

I assume that if you think your dog is likely to need a poo whil it is wearing it you wouldn't zip up the rear part and would tuck the flaps away until after it had done.

None of my dogs needs a coat so I have only second hand revcommendations for the coat itself to go on (all good).

Pam