UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Water Bottle Recommendations - For Humans, Walking

ReikiAnge

I always carry a bottle of water when I'm out walking and have been re-filling a plastic one again and again, but they seem to have changed the tops on a lot of them. I like the tops that pull out (don't know the technical term :laugh:) but a lot of the new ones from supermarkets etc seem to have a flip over top and from experience they break pretty easily, especially when you're going through gates, over styles etc.

Soooo, I have been looking online at bottles and wondered if anyone had any recommendations. Don't want to spend anything ridiculous but don't mind paying up to about £10 including p&p, as this is something that is used every day, all year round.

I'd rather have one with a "pull-up" top, don't really want one with a screw top. I also use it to fill the dogs' waterbowl so am looking for something that's 0.5-0.75l.

This one looks pretty good: http://www.millets.co.uk/product/118984.html - from the description that clearish lid over the top is stainless steel so should be pretty strong and it has the "pull-up" bit for drinking :unsure:

I just use "sports" water bottles - any sports shop sells them - maybe with their logo on, maybe not - hold around 500ml of water in a rigidish plastic bottle, screw off top, with the "pull up" (no I don't know the technical jargon either) top.

I find them robust enough to stick in the freezer for an hour or two so I have lovely iced water, and the tops don't leak.

And, as I'm obsessive about washing them up properly every day, I am happy that the germs on them are mine.

I am about to be given one next week (cue, Rowing Competition :laugh: ) so guess that they're a couple of quid each.