UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sky Repair Rip Off

celeste

I got a phone call last week from who I thought was Sky asking to renew my repair plan, since I'd had a new card recently I didn't think it that odd that they needed updated card info, but as I was checking my on-line bank statement (thank god I do ) I noticed a POS for a company in London, since the last time I was in London was 1983 I thought "hello, that's not right" it was only for £6, so I checked a bit and found out the company was a satellite repair plan company, diddling gets had pretended to be Sky !, further digging revealed a few people had been conned in a similar way and were having difficulty getting the contract cancelled, so I just rang the bank and cancelled my card. So if you have sat tv, and get a phone call from someone who say they are from Sky, double check.

there have been a couple of cases here, the people pretend to be from BT and they rang here the other week, i knew they weren't BT as there was music blaring in the background :rolleyes: glad you realised Jane and stopped your card, it is a bloody inconvenience though :angry:

I have had "Sky" call about a repair plan a number of times over the last 2 years. I have a repair plan actually through Sky that I took out 3 years ago (I know it was them because i had phoned Sky to pay for a Box Office film & the lasy noticed that the warranty on my Box & dish was about to run out so I was transferred to the Repair Team when I asked if they did an extended warranty/repair plan).

One guy from the company that rings (so far none have been english so have had difficulty understanding them) I have had a blazing row with, as he kept trying to tell me that Sky do not have their own Repair Plan so all repairs go through them, he was pretty forceful about it, & tried telling me I had been scammed. I told him in no uncertain terms that I would call Sky & check with them, as I have always dealt with them. At the end of the conversation because I told him I wasnt going to listen to him & was going to put the phone down & ring Sky he said "listen b***h our company is in the right here, what would you know you are just a silly cow"!!! :ohmy: :huh: :mad:

Needless to say everytime they call now I put the phone down, call Sky & ask whether their Repair Plan team called me, every time so far the answer has been no. :rolleyes:

I told him in no uncertain terms that I would call Sky & check with them, as I have always dealt with them. At the end of the conversation because I told him I wasnt going to listen to him & was going to put the phone down & ring Sky he said "listen b***h our company is in the right here, what would you know you are just a silly cow"!!! :ohmy: :huh: :mad:

:ohmy: :ohmy: at times like that don't you just wish you could reach down the phone :glare: