UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hrt Alternatives?

Jacobean

I've been on HRT for about a year now and I am piling the weight onto my legs and bum. It's not something I'm prepared to just watch happening. I've put weight on everywhere but needed to in my top half as I've always been a bit skinny there.

I've cut out biscuits, cakes, eaten healthily and smaller portions and it makes no difference. I have been running which normally gets rid of excess weight quickly off my legs. In the past week or so I have been running a lot and yet I looked down last night and my thighs have gone a lot worse in a few days.

So I'm blaming HRT and ladies on here have said it does cause you to put weight on.

I'm taking HRT in an effort to protect myself from osteoporosis.

Is there anything else I can take that will help or prevent hot flushes and protect my bones? Or am I putting all this weight on because I've had the op and it's nowt to do with HRT. I guess I should also mention that when I wasn't on HRT I had a foul temper for no reason and I'm not normally a moody person. I would just lose my rag out of the blue when nothing had happened.

hey there sounds like you're having a tough time right now :flowers: There are plenty of alternative options you could think about, but I'd always recommend seeing someone like a medical herbalist who can go through your symptoms, discuss the osteoporosis issue and suggest a way forward. The first consultation can be over an hour to and hour and a half and might cost about £40 but after that its short checkup every 3-4 weeks or less plus the cost of any herbs or supplements.

National Institute of Medical Herbalists - find a herbalist page

Thanks ladies. My worry about cutting down on dairy is I don't want to take calcium away because of the bones. I'm taking extra by way of calcium tablets as well. Bearing in mind I'm quite young really to be going through the menopause. I have an intolerance to Soya. I have a considerable problem with IBS which also means there are a lot of vitamin/herbal type remedies that disagree with me too. But I'll try anything to see if it works and agrees with me.

Thanks ladies. My worry about cutting down on dairy is I don't want to take calcium away because of the bones. I'm taking extra by way of calcium tablets as well. Bearing in mind I'm quite young really to be going through the menopause. I have an intolerance to Soya. I have a considerable problem with IBS which also means there are a lot of vitamin/herbal type remedies that disagree with me too. But I'll try anything to see if it works and agrees with me.

Hi did you get my PM?