UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

At What Age Is A Dog Classed As An Oldie?

bobs mum

Oldies Club takes dogs from age seven plus and lists them for other rescues from that age onwards :flowers:

Personally, I think of dogs as being "older" at that sort of age (depending on breed and health I guess) - my older dogs are aged 10-11 and I don't yet think of them as "oldies", not when they can keep up with an 18 month old Lab :laugh:

Well for Oldies Club purposes we accept dogs of 7yrs plus, because feedback from other rescues was that dogs of that sort of age became harder to rehome.

I wouldn't really consider a 7 year old dog to be 'old', but it does depend on the breed. Some larger breeds age more quickly and are definitely starting to slow down by then, but a JRT of 7rs is really only a youngster! Dogs vary such a lot in how they age.

thanks for your veiws :flowers:

Bob is a 48 kilo :ohmy: staffy cross who has always been very laid back (and loves sleeping :laugh: ) he only wakes up to either be fed or go for a pee :rolleyes: even though hes going grey looking at him you wouldnt know that he was as old as he is