UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Malo Shaking His Head Whilst Barking

kingprawn

The last couple of days Malo has been shaking his head everytime he barks :unsure: He doesn't do it any other time. I have checked his ears and can't see anything in there.

He has also started "gagging" (its the only way I can describe it!) but not actually being sick. It is as if he has something stuck in his throat but there is nothing there :huh:

He is eating and drinking fine and seems fine in himself.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I don't know, but experience tells me it 'could' be a sign of the beginnings of an ear infection that is right down in the inner ear so you wont be able to see anything or maybe something has got stuck down his 'lugg'ole? Think I'd err on the side of caution and just pop him along to vet to be on the safe side in case it is one or the other.

Sorry can't be of more help ...

Sandra

I don't know, but experience tells me it 'could' be a sign of the beginnings of an ear infection that is right down in the inner ear so you wont be able to see anything or maybe something has got stuck down his 'lugg'ole? Think I'd err on the side of caution and just pop him along to vet to be on the safe side in case it is one or the other.

Sorry can't be of more help ...

Sandra

Thanks Sandra :)

I was thinking about taking him to the vets - it is really strange he only does it when he barks which makes me think something is irritating him.

I can't see any inflammation but as you say if it is in the inner ear I wouldn't see it anyway.

Thanks again :flowers:

Guest patch

If its an inner ear thing, when he barks the vibration could be triggering irritation deep inside which would make him shake his head so yep could be the start of an infection. If more people noticed things like this so quickly as you have done, there would be a lot of dogs with much easier to treat ear problems from catching them early !

Took him Friday the vet couldn't see anything in his ears but there was sligh inflammation in the right one.

He has anti biotics to clear anything up that may be there. Hopefully it was just the start of something and we have caught it early

Thanks for asking :flowers: