UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fao Ie7 Users

Pingu

a fix for the whitespace issues *may* have been found.

the few post s I looked at using compatability mode in IE8 looked fine but iy would be good if someone using IE7 could check it out for me tooso could some of you (IE7 users ONLY)

at the bottom of the main forum page select IPB as the skin and then go look at some threadshopefully then report back that all is fine and dandy... or not as the case may be

White spaces, speed etc appear to have been better for me the last day or two but the fast reply box is becoming more odd (originally it was slow, sometimes inserted something like

• etc) now it sometimes gives a blurred version of what it presumably should look like - ie blurred smilies all over the place, little or no white box etc. Only briefly tried but this appears to happen regardless of whether skin is blue or the ip version.

When a small white box is there if clicked upon it does then open a larger fast reply box after a moment.

The edit also still seems to need two attempts before it will load for some reason

Edited by Ian

cheers

at the moment I am ONLY interested in IE7

there are lots of issues with IE6 that I havnt even begun to work on. IE6 is really old (in IT terms) and doesn't follow a lot of standards so getting it to work fully is possibly going to be impossible.

having finally figured out how to work out which IE I had on each pc, I can now say that switching skins has resolved the problem of the forum not fitting on the page and having bloody big gaps everywhere. The sigs didnt fit the posts either on the blue skin. Funnily enough, it has also resolved a lot of the problems i was having on the office pc which is IE6, although ive not had time to compare the 2 different machines and capabilities properly yet :flowers: