UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

For All Those Who Think Bsl Will Never Effect Them

We went to the vigil last night and on the way home I kept thinking of something I have read that had a profound effect on me - I ahve taken a liberty in changing it but I think it fits.

When they came for the Bull breeds, I did not stand up, because I did not have a Bull breed.

When they came for the Rottweilers, I did not stand up because I did not have a Rottweiler.

When they came for the Wolfhounds I did not stand up because I did not have a wolfhound.

When they came for the Sighthounds, I did not stand up because I did not have a Sighthound.

When they came for the German Shepherds, I did not stand up, because I did not have a German Shepherd.

When they came for the Labradors I did not stand up because I did not have a Labrador.

When they came for the Collies I did not stand up because I did not have a Collie.

When they came for the Spaniels I did not stand up because I did not have a Spaniel.

When they came for the Terriers, I did not stand up because I did not have Terrier.

When they came for the Chihuahuas my dog was taken as there was no-one left to stand up for me.

Edited by Kathyw