UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Does Anyone Have Any Knowledge/experience Of Cross Dressing?

K9Fran

I think the "other person" has to realise that everyone has their own little foibles and we can't always agree. A compromise has to be reached. I know its not the same thing but hubby and i have to compromise because I dont like him smoking and he doesn't like me doing rescue,so we have both cut down. :GroupHug: for the other person involved.x

Quite honestly I don't have a problem with cross dressers and it really is a sad fact that it's only thought to be men. I do not posess a dress or a skirt and haven't had one for years but I'm not see as a cross dresser!

I can so see where you're coming from! :laugh: The last 2 skirts I ever possessed went to a guy who used to be my landlord. The fitted him perfectly, and they looked so much better on him, and he looked so much more natural wearing them than I ever did! (not to mention that his legs were of the kind that go running for miles a few times a week, as opposed to my little pork chops :rolleyes:).

I did know a couple of blokes who crossdressed, but their creations were something else. Eat your heart out, any fashion designer, because your creations wouldn't even come close!

On the other hand, when I shop for clothes I usually end up in the men's department of either Primark or TK Maxx, because I might be a woman but no I don't wear pink or frilly stuff (fair play if you do but it's not my thing), and don't even get me started on practical clothes, such as big coats with lots of pockets etc! Fashionable women obviously do not walk dos or walk anywhere for that matter when they have to be kept warm and dry! :rolleyes: Only last week I was determined to find a longsleeved shirt with anti-mosquito treatment, so after a day on t'internet I went to my favourite: TK Maxx. There was only one such shirt, it was my size and it's a decent colour. Guess where it was? In the 'Small' section of the men's department! What with having very short hair - I'm the local barber's 'honourary bloke', as he doesn't cut women's hair - I could possibly be classified as a crossdresser. I agree with Pendlewitch that it is quite sad that a bloke who would prefer to get his clothes from the women's section would get so much grief. Does it really matter?? :unsure:

The problem is that sometimes what makes one person happy hurts another person, and then that is not right :(

Totally agree with you there, and I think what is particularly sad about this is that possibly the reason that it makes the other person sad is that society seems unable to deal with anything that is not considered "normal" and thus gives those people grief about the choices that they've made and are happy with.

Or - on a lighter note - if it's a bloke nicking your favourite tights and stretching them into an unrecognisable mess in order to fit into them, then I do agree that that's not right. He should go and get his own, dammit! :laugh:

I think what is particularly sad about this is that possibly the reason that it makes the other person sad is that society seems unable to deal with anything that is not considered "normal" and thus gives those people grief about the choices that they've made and are happy with.

Picking up on what Billy siad, I think there's a lot of truth, there. I'm old enough to remember when homosexuality wasn't generally acceptable. It's easier now to be outwardly gay but if you have other 'deviations' you still have to hide them away in todays society; we are nowhere near as liberal as we like to think we are.

There is a wonderfully enlightened piece here: http://dale-miller.com/interesting/men-in-...-cross-dresser/

I feel for the 'upset' person here, but I also feel deeply for anyone who has to go through life hiding their true self.