UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Stress/panic Attacks/work?

K9Fran

I've had a sore throat for over 5 months now - Dr has ruled out glandular fever and anemia, given me a weeks work of antibiotics which didn't touch it. now thinks it's a symptom of over work (so I've asked my boss to lay off the 'over time' and phone messages/phone calls outside of working hours, don't think he's too happy about that :( )

I am still getting weird panic attacks - my legs turn to jelly, I get a crushing sensation in my chest, I feel shaky, I want to hide away in the house or go somewhere far away near the sea. My throat keeps flaring up, slight temp. swollen glands (like mumps :( ) And that's when I'm not at work!

I've had a sore throat for over 5 months now - Dr has ruled out glandular fever and anemia, given me a weeks work of antibiotics which didn't touch it. now thinks it's a symptom of over work (so I've asked my boss to lay off the 'over time' and phone messages/phone calls outside of working hours, don't think he's too happy about that :( )

I am still getting weird panic attacks - my legs turn to jelly, I get a crushing sensation in my chest, I feel shaky, I want to hide away in the house or go somewhere far away near the sea. My throat keeps flaring up, slight temp. swollen glands (like mumps :( ) And that's when I'm not at work!

Have you tried to see a Reiki healer? :GroupHug: It really helped me when I was being bullied by nutcase neighbour...(They've now moved :rolleyes: )

Edited by poodle person

Grandma Squirrel had a bug just after Christmas and it took her nearly 2 months to get over it and her throat was very sore

re the panic attacks it could be work related or maybe its the beginning of the change ? my Aunt had really similar sounding things happen to her when she started hers and she found it really scary until she spoke to her GP and got it sorted

:GroupHug: my friend had panic attacks when she went through the change but they did wear off when she went on HRT. In fact she sailed through once she was on HRT and when she never experienced any more symptoms at all . Some people carry on with their change symptoms when they stop the HRT but she didn't. x

Had a lovely chat with my boss (whose a very trendy sporty guy in his mid 30's - aren't I lucky?) I took Friday off sick, so I suppose he was doing his 'caring employer' bit (last employer I had that did that made me 'redundant' after 6 months). He's prepared to change some of his ways of working (ie not interupting my lunch break), and wants me to meet him half way, to tell him if I'm snowed under and that it's a strength, not a weakness - bless him!

Feeling a lot more positive now :D