UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Barjo Order - Car Window Shades Etc - Thumbs Up

ReikiAnge

I placed a small order with Barjo yesterday for some car window shades for the dogs for the car and the order arrived this morning, so am very impressed with the speed of delivery :)

I ordered the car shades for the side windows after someone mentioned them on here (Nettie I think it might have been? :flowers: ) and I bought one for the rear window too. Also bought a new foldable bowl for drinking water for the dogs while we're walking, so I have a spare, as I lost one once in a field somehow.

The shades are on the new products section on the Barjo site:

http://www.barjo.co.uk/products/new-products

They do seem to add about £2 per item for p&p but even accounting for that I thought their prices were very good.

Just thought I'd post about them in case anyone was looking to order. We've not used them in the car yet and we don't really do long journeys with the dogs very often - and we don't leave the dogs in the car - but hopefully they will take the edge of the sun even on short journeys :)

Ange can I ask if the rear window shade is the same kind as the side window ones? We've had the side window ones but used them on the rear window and they've not lasted long. The shade detatched from the suckery bit. Could me my yobbish dogs interfering with them of course :rolleyes: but I now need some new ones.

Sorry Abby, just remembered to reply to this :rolleyes: :flowers:

Yes the rear shade is the same as the side window ones. There's a hole in the shade, with the sucker bit on the outside of the shade to attach to the window and a little rubbery piece on the other side of the hole. There are four suckers on the rear shade, two on the left side and two on the right, compared to one on the side window shade, so that might make them more resilient?

We have had Barjo stuff in the past, tailgates for a van and also they made a crate to our specifications for our old Jeep Grand Cherokee and it was brilliant. Not cheap but a real heavy duty thing, well made :flowers: The service was very good :flowers:

I've got a quote from them for a tailgate and a guard for when we have some money :)

• 3 weeks later...

Abby, the first car window shade (so one of the smaller ones) that we put up, broke. The middle bit that holds the sucker on, came away somehow.

I know the dogs didn't do it, but a friend was working on our car for a day or so, so it might have happened then. The replacement one I put up has so far stayed on fine.

Abby, the first car window shade (so one of the smaller ones) that we put up, broke. The middle bit that holds the sucker on, came away somehow.

I know the dogs didn't do it, but a friend was working on our car for a day or so, so it might have happened then. The replacement one I put up has so far stayed on fine.

THanks for the feedback. I have been meaning and forgetting to order these since I posted on this thread last :rolleyes: My last ones did exactly the same - the bit that holds the sucker came away.

I tried to find some in Halford's t'other week but they were tiny and heinously expensive so I left in a huff.

I'm all indecisive again now :laugh: