UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Stray Type Dogs

heva

Today was the second time had found a stray pit...(well today my mum found it) and on friday one turned up on my door step. These were not styaffi X that looked type these were pretty much full on pits.....

i dont knwo what to do and why so many at the moment. I had to call the dogwarden on friday as couldnt take in ours as she was too big...he said last few weeks he has lost count of number of pits he is takiing in and he calls them staffi X or boxer X etc but then they get changed to type when get inot the pound!

The pound can then release them to the owners if they can prove there dogs but cant rehome so most get pts as owners dont want to claim as its followed up police!

Its heart breaking as i cant leave them running round street (and todays one was pretty bad as attacked another dog which is now in a bad way) but i dont want to send them to thier death at pound...... the girl i got on friday was just stunning and broke my heart. have called a few times to see how she is doing and put signs all around area to see if anyone claim but nothing!!!

what do you do for the best!!!???!!

A real dilemma. I suppose with the one today you can think it would stop any attacks on other dogs etc and justify it that way. With the other it is a real shame..... I suppose to try and help yourself come to terms with it you have to think that if she is pts then she is not in danger on the streets, she is not going to be used to breed more pits, and it will be over quickly and kindly rather than if she was attacked or hit by a car..... I cetainly don't envy you in this situation.