UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Missy Shar Pei

mole

Missy is a young shar pei bitch who went missing from the well fenced garden of a foster home in Todmorden on the Yorks/Lancs border...half way between Halifax and Rochdale/Burnley on Wednesday April 1st 2009.

She is a friendly dog with both humans and dogs but does **not** like small animals or sheep.

She was seen afterwards running around the streets in the vacinity and later on the canal bank but no sightings since.

As Todmorden is on the border with Lancs we feel she may possibly head west into Lancashire.

As she is a very distinctive breed she is quite noticeable .... so if a dog like Missy suddenly appears in your area with somebody who did not have a shar pei before ....would be obliged if you could please pm me . or ... ring Halifax RSPCA on 01422 365628.

Missy is microchipped and has a toe missing (not sure which one yet but will update when I know)

Thank you for your help.

Missy1-1.jpg

Missy was wearing a pink shiny studded collar and had two tags attached to it .... one giving the foster carers info and the second with Halifax RSPCA's phone number on it.

She has a toe missing on her back right foot.

Thanks for alerting me to that info on doglost Owl.

Missy has **not** been found!!!

The poster called Heather who stated "my dog has been found" is probably a malicious poster.

What do these people get out of it ? :grrr:

Sorry about that, mole. Usually someone at DL calls owner to check before switching to the blue Reunited section, but that one got through the net somehow. It was corrected earlier (did you call us? if so, thanks!) and Missy was moved back to the Lost section.

Edited by owl

We have checked this out, and Heather is genuine. She posted her own missing dog called Missy, who was found before the entry was activated so the page never went up on site.

Mole, we need LOTS of postering please, if there is anything you can do to encourage a poster blitz for this girl please do!

Thank you Owl...am doing what I can.

Am week behind cos I was told that another rspca volunteer was sorting Tod but she has no internet access ... think it's a case of if you want something doing so it yourself. So I've lost a week.

Am trying to get things coordinated i from Halifax up towards Tod.

If anybody lives between Tod and Rochdale or Tod and Burnley would be grateful of any help in putting posters up. You can get posters from DogLost website

http://www.doglost.co.uk/page.aspx?pg=83

Missy is number 17840 on first page click on her name and at bottom of page wil give you info on how to get posters.

Thank you

There has been one reported sighting of Missy. A girl rang Halifax rspca and said she had seen Missy outside ASDA at Rochdale. The girl spoke to a staff member at Hx rspca and they think she was genuine. Some guy had Missy on a skipping rope.

At this time don't know when the sighting was but think it probably was Thursday last week.

Is there anybody in the Asda area of Rochdale able to put posters up please? Or give the local postal sorting office for the Asda area of Rochdale a poster as postmen/women are the people who will notice when a different dog arrives on the scene.

Please pm me if you feel you could help. Thank you.