UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Miserable Week

Neoclassic Perk

I knew I was coming down with a cold last week (scratchy throat and cough at night) - but took my daughter to Crufts on Saturday anyway, cos she would have been so disappointed - but boy have I paid for it :(

I spent Sunday morning in bed, managed to struggle through work on Monday, but only managed two hours in the office yesterday, and have been in bed ever since!

I've got that weird, out-of-body feeling that seems to come with a heavy cold - and I HATE it :dry:

Has anyone got any suggestions that might help me feel better or preferably , get rid or it all together? Day Nurse/Night Nurse hasn't touched it; sleeping isn't a problem, but staying awake is!

Try the Wiccs Kennel Cough remedy, now don't laugh, it works. Wiccs folks swear by it for dogs and humans. :)

Wiccaweys Witches Brew for Kennel Cough

Liquorice Root (available in most health food type shops)

Honey

Milk

Stick 2 bits of Liquorice Root in a mug and pour on boiling water.

Leave to brew for 10 minutes. Water will turn yellow - looks like wee!

Take Liquorice Root out and leave to dry out, to be used again.

Add honey to the liquid and stir well.

Add a little milk and stir well.

Give to the dog warm.

Dose them up 4 - 5 times a day.

You can also add the mixture, without milk, to the dog’s water bowl.

Good for humans for sore throats and coughs too.

If you prefer, you can add the liquid to a cup of boiled milk instead of adding a little milk.)

You can add a little drop of whisky as it helps aid sleep, in dogs and humans!

Last Sunday evening I felt the beginnings of a cold coming on and come Monday I was full of it with an incredibly sore throat. I took 2 paracetamols and a flask of hot ribenia to work with me. Throughout the day the cold remained a cold but the throat got worse so on tuesday I went and brought a throat spray and used it along with the hot ribenia. Then come thursday afternoon I suddenly felt very ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well. The sore throat went and the nose dried up.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: