UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Got Back Last Week From Hols

irons

We got back from Kenya last Tuesday morning and i thought if anyone likes Elephants here is a photo of some with Mount Kilamanjaro in the background

PICT0270.jpg

And one of a Cheetah with a kill right in front of us

PICT0217.jpg

What a beautiful animal and the Elephants were wonderful in fact we saw so very much i didn't want to come home except to get Murphy back :laugh:

HolidayinKenya2009035.jpg

And yes we were this close there was another Lion in the pipe

HolidayinKenya2009042.jpg

more Elephants

HolidayinKenya2009022.jpg

The view from our lodge window when out on Safari

We must have took over 300 photos there are some i haven't uploaded yet of Hyenas Giraffes Ostrich Gnus Hippos etc Oh and a Leopard :wub:

I honestly cann't put it into words the feeling at seeing the animals in the wild like that,its the 2nd time we have been to Kenya but this time was the best .When you see a Cheetah kill an Antelope right in front of you the speed the grace it was so emotional and i thought i would be squeemish over a kill but it was so quick and silent and she most likely had young that needed to eat that you just thought what a beautiful animal she was and had to survive!!! Also the Leapard had a small kill but we saw that after it had killed

It was the Elephants for me there were so many young and one group had a tiny tiny one and the Rangers were by to make sure that they didn't attack as it was only a few hours old and the herd were protecting it

What a great holiday it is something that will be with me forever

We saw almost every thing apart from Rhino