UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Our Village Is Famous !

ranirottie

Oh Blimey - know LC quite well as it's OH's birth place - he was from Manor Road, so no where near the water, well I don't think it is? His family were the coal merchants (in case that's relevant to anyone?)

Ha .... thought I'd add that useless bit of info .... Hee hee ...

Sandi (again smilies wont work for me?)

Manor Road is the road behind my house, their back gardens back onto mine. Its a small world. We are (and Manor Rd) a quarter of a mile uphill from the river so are safe. Colney Heath is where i walk my dogs so I am glad that you told me it was under water Martin,I won't bother going unless the dogs want a swim. x :laugh:

Racylacy,was that Days coal merchants?

Edited by ranirottie

Racylacy,was that Days coal merchants?

Yes! OH has many memories of helping his dad on the coal round and I've had the tour of where the coal yard used to be and of course all the tales of times gone by. Ironcially, we now live in a village in Pembrokeshire that provided the best anthracite in the world - in fact our house is built on top of a mine shaft - we're assured we're not about to disappear down a hole though! :laugh:

Yeah .... I miss our trips to London Colney and the nice grub served up at the Colney Fox!!! :rolleyes:

Sandi :)

Oh my giddy-aunt! small world indeed! :laugh: So, your 2 grandsons are my OH's 3rd cousins! My OH is Max and his dad was Ron Day! and oh my goodness he is sitting here now mentioning all the other Day names and now I'm getting all :wacko: I've met Barry and I met Mollie (Colin's aunty) (sadly at a funeral :unsure: !) a few years ago now. I know the Day family is quite, huhumm large in the area and OH says he has cousins he doesn't know!!!

I only have 2! :laugh:

So are you a native to the area???

Feel free to transfer to pm .................

Sandi :)

no I come from Dunstable in Bedfordshire. My daughter and Graham (Day)are divorced. Graham is what you might call a "reluctant" father and doesn't see my grandsons very often. He has 2 new sons and a new daughter and seems a bit "busy" . His mum however,sees them whenever she can even tho she lives on the Isle of Wight.x

no I come from Dunstable in Bedfordshire. My daughter and Graham (Day)are divorced. Graham is what you might call a "reluctant" father and doesn't see my grandsons very often. He has 2 new sons and a new daughter and seems a bit "busy" . His mum however,sees them whenever she can even tho she lives on the Isle of Wight.x

Oh dear, one of those eh! :mad: Well, you can tell your grandson's if they are ever our way we would be more than delighted to see them - in fact any of you would be welcome :flowers: (you must like dogs though!!! :biggrin: ) You can also tell them they have 3 4th cousins not so far away in Hemel! (my 3 lovely step-daughters :wub: ) who will love hearing they have some more relatives not too far away :wink: