UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Holly - Sweet Older Crossbreed Girl

Fee

hollyocbed.jpg

Holly is a small-medium sized 13 year old crossbreed girl who is in an Oldies Club foster home near Diss in Norfolk.

Holly’s original owner sadly died and Holly has been staying with family temporarily, waiting for a rescue place. She settled into her foster home within a couple of days.

hollyocdrawers.jpg

Holly is a sweet-natured girl who weighs in at 25 lbs and stands 17″ to the shoulder. She sleeps a lot and likes to have an amble around the garden. She also enjoys regular tummy rubs!

This lovely old lady has spent the majority of her life as the constant companion to her owner. A home with someone home all day would therefore be perfect for her. She’d be ideal for someone wanting a dog that doesn’t need much walking.

hollyocstanding.jpg

Holly isn’t used to being left alone but her foster carer is gradually getting her used to a dog crate and she is responding well to this. She is now being left for up to 2 hours and, in time, her foster carer thinks she will get used to being left.

Holly is very good with other dogs but she will tell them off if they get too much for her. She’s also excellent with children of all ages. She can’t live with cats though.

hollyockids.jpg

She’s calm on walks and happy to just have a stroll around the park. She doesn’t hear very well so is best kept on lead when out. She’s also calm in the car and is happy to be picked up to be put in the car.

Holly is neutered, vaccinated, wormed and flea-treated. She will be microchipped and have a full vet-check before the end of December.

hollyocblanket.jpg

If you could offer this calm older lady a loving home with plenty of companionship, please refer to our Adoption Procedures for information about the adoption process. You can then contact an Oldies Club rehoming co-ordinator as follows:

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 0844 586 8656

Holly can be rehomed anywhere in the UK, subject to a satisfactory home visit, but note that you will be required to travel to the foster home to meet her.

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly Holly has been diagnosed with mammary cancer. She has had an operation to have the lump removed, but we don't know yet what her longer-term outlook will be.

In view of this and her separation anxiety we have decided not to rehome her, and Holly will be staying with the Oldies Club as a permanent sponsor dog.

• 1 month later...

Holly came through her mammary strip just fine and is doing well

Sadly she had to be moved from her permanent foster home after her foster mum had a serious fall. She is in a temporary foster home at the moment, but we would love to find her a permanent place as soon as possible.

Holly is fine with other dogs outside, but likes a quiet life and would like to be the only pet in the home. She is anxious about being left and needs somebody around most of the time. She's a very sweet affectionate little girl and would be an ideal companion for someone.

Holly would remain a permanent sponsor dog in behalf of the Oldies Club, with all her future vets bills covered.

Holly is with me at the moment and all i can say is she is a lovely lady , she loves it when i have company for a fuss :)

she likes a nice slow stroll but will not be too bothered if she can just potter round the garden that will be fine with her.

Holly likes other dogs but mine are a little too much to take sometimes ( born again teenagers ) :rolleyes: if you know what i mean !

she will make a great companion for someone who likes to take life at a slower pace , she is a true sweetheart.

Just to let you know how Holly is doing :) well she is really doing well , today she was the dog in front of the rest she is enjoying her walks very much . We met a new puppy who she liked very much :love:

Maybe as i have 2 crazy dogs its rubbed off on her lol :rolleyes: she has found interest in just about everything, people other dogs even a cat in the vet she sat next to her no problem.

I must say i have noticed that she does not bark, it could be mine are so loud :laugh: or she just has good manners im not sure.

She has her last night time tinkle then she waits at the bottom of the stairs to go to bed , pops in her own bed then no more till next morning , i have not had any mishaps at all from holly she is a lady in the true sense.

she is sleeping with my other dog now its such a hard life being a dog :laugh:

I'm soooooo pleased to see Holly looking happy and enjoying life. She stayed with me initially and was a superstar .....other than not liking to be left alone :rolleyes: . My nephews will be happy to see her photos too (as they suspected Holly might actually have "gone to heaven" like auntie's other dog"). :(