UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Darling Charlie - 14 Yr Old Jrt X

Fee

charlieoc.jpg

Charlie is an adorable little 14 year old Jack Russell Terrier Cross boy who came into Oldies Club care because he was unhappy about sharing his home with young children. He decided to pack his bags and seek a peaceful retirement home! Charlie is now in an Oldies Club foster home in Grantham, Lincolnshire.

Charlie is an adorable boy who is very intelligent and attentive. He is a little dog with bags of character. His ideal home would be with a single lady who is in most of the time and who is experienced with the terrier temperament and will be firm with Charlie so that he knows he’s not in charge! He could live with other dogs.

His foster carer told us:

“Charlie likes to play with a ball and loves to go for a walk. He walks well on the lead and is not bothered by other dogs he meets. He is very obedient and will happily come when you call him.

He takes his lead to the front door to encourage you to hurry up! He even grabbed my German Shepherd’s lead (with German Shepherd attached) and took him to the front door, much to the shock of my Shepherd!) Charlie is also happy to join you for a wander around the garden. Despite Charlie’s age, he is still active and can jump on furniture, into the car etc.

Charlie alerts me when there are people outside, but if he is warm and snuggly on the sofa, he is just as happy to leave it to one of my other dogs to let me know.

He needs you to set rules: once he has rules, he is much more settled. He is generally fine with my dogs; he only snaps at them if he thinks they are going to stand on him, which is understandable, as they are huge and he is tiny.

He is an adorable gentleman and will make someone a brilliant dog.â€

charlieoc2.jpg

Charlie is neutered, vaccinated and microchipped, wormed and flea treated. He needs to put on a little more weight before he can have his teeth cleaned and he needs to have one tooth removed. He is 6.8 kg rather than the 9-10 kg the vet wants. Charlie can see but, due to old age, his sight is deteriorating. He has arthritis in his hips and is on painkillers for this. His foster carer is also giving him joint care treats.

As Charlie has painful hips, he needs a home where any children are teenagers who understand that they need to be gentle and take care with him.

If you could offer this dignified old boy a quiet and comfortable retirement home, please refer to our Adoption Procedures for information about the adoption process. You can then contact an Oldies Club rehoming co-ordinator as follows:

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 0844 586 8656

Charlie can be rehomed anywhere in the UK, subject to a satisfactory home visit, but note that you will be required to travel to the foster home to meet him.

• 1 month later...

Charlie is blossoming into a wonderful little character in his foster home. He is managing reasonable walks now, gets on well with all the other dogs so long as they don't bounce on him too much and loves to snuggle with his foster mum on the sofa.

Although he can still be a bit worried around men he doesn't know he adores his foster dad now. He would make a wonderful companion for an older person or couple, or fit into any quiet home where he can have regular short walks and lots of attention and cuddles.

• 4 weeks later...