UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bailey Needs A New Home

Hi everyone, my name is Bailey. I'm 5 years old next Wednesday.

I'm looking for a new home – can you help? My current mummy is going travelling in 8 weeks and can't take me with her. I know she's upset about it though!

I am a brindle staffie cross with a white chest – not really sure what I'm crossed with though. My current mummy says maybe a whippet or boxer, or something of a similar stance. She say's I can run really fast and when I do I sound like a horse coming up behind you :) I like to run up behind her sometimes because it makes her jump and she smiles, I like to make people smile.

I love playing catch with my sticks and toys out in the field and love it when someone throws my stick into the river so I can jump off the bank into the water and swim around. It is cold sometimes, but I don't mind, I just love to swim – I sometimes wonder if I am a dog-fish :)

I love people too – but not the people who put me in a bin when I was only a puppy!! Luckily some nice policeman found me and took me to a kennels – my current mummy came and took me home on the day I was going to go to sleep for a long time. The other dogs told me I'd be going to doggy heaven – it sounded ok but I'm happier that she came to get me :)

I am happy with all ages of children as well, we can play together and I'm very gentle!

I know how to sit, stay, wait, fetch, lay down and even know what to do when someone says "excuse me" or "cuddles" :)

Although, I miss people when I'm left on my own, I'm ok, I don't bark all the time or get stressed out as I know they'll be back.

I'm not sure about other dogs – I like them and think I want to play but I don't really know what to do with them or how to behave! Some dogs smell my butt, what's that about?? A while ago some big dogs beat me up and I had to go to the vets for an operation but I am ok now :) I am not aggressive though, I don't like fighting!! I'd like a friend who has 4 legs instead of just 2 but you'd need to help me learn.

I have a little chip in my shoulder that tells people who I am and who I belong too – I also have regular injections so I don't get nasty illnesses. I don't mind going to the vet he says I'm a good, healthy boy.

I don't want to go back to kennels, I'm scared I'll to go to sleep for a long time and I'm not ready to yet – I love running through fields and cuddling people.

Please help me – you wont regret it!!

I live in Norfolk, but my current mummy said she's willing to travel within reason to make sure I go to the best new home ever :)