UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poor Poorly Tilly Bunny

Birdie

Thanks for the update on little Tilly :)

I have heard that sawdust and woodshavings can cause respiratory problems with bunnies so it will be interesting to see how she goes when you have taken it away.

I used to use it until I was told that and then went on to shredded paper but was worried that the buns would eat it and get a blockage.

I now use Dengie Medibed and I find it very good :)

Sending good thoughts for Tilly's recovery :wub:

Frances Harcourt Brown is who we would be referred to if things don't improve. I live in Yeadon near Leeds bradford Airport so Harrogate isn't that far away.

I have just had the shock of my life tho. I was cleaning Tilly's nose as i have been doing twice a day when a lump of it came off :ohmy: I thought it was just a bit of dry blood on the end of her nose but as i have been cleaning it and applying vasaline it has sofened it and the whole scab attatched to ??dry snot?? has come off. For a minute i thought i had pulled her nose off and her nose was dying.

Now i have calmed down and had another look the skin looks nice and pink and healthy underneath. it is still swollen but i think if the swelling goes down her nose will be as perfect as ever. I have applied fucithalmic lotion which has anti bacterial properties. i can't wait to see her twitch her nose again :wub:

I will definatley look into the medibed :flowers:

Poor little Tilly Bunny, sending her loads of gentle nose huggies and hoping she gets better soon.

Just a quickie about Leeds Market, I remember the fire that happened years ago when most of the bottom market burnt down. All I could think about was the poor animals that had died in the fire, unable to get out their cages :( Hopefully, the smoke killed them before the flames did :mecry: :mecry:

• 6 months later...

I just thought i would update this thread. Over the last 6 months Tilly has made slow yet steady progress at homw without any vetinary intervention. She can breathe easily and is now longer squeaking when she breathes in and out or struggling to breathe. Gradually we cut down the amount of times per day/ week we cleand her nose and face and now she doesn't need it cleaning at all :) Occasionally her right eye runs a bit but she is able to clean it herself. I think before it was so sore she didn't even like touching it herself as she used to sort of mime cleaning i.e doing the actions but not touching her face. Her fur has all rown back around her nose and eyes and she is looking so pretty instead of sore and miserable. We have also totally cut out the homeopathic medicines now.

I changed lots about her environment. Newspaper and wood shavings are banned and she has vet bed which is changed every other day and has a litter tray in a seperate compartment and a build up of urine and faeces can affect breathing too. Rdiators are off or down and the window is kept open. I am hoping now she is well enough for her vaccinations so she can play outside for a little while with Maisie. They are fine out of their bedroom but in there the fight so need to be kept seperately. Prior to this the vet had said her immunity would be compromised which is why she is still unvaccinated.

I haven't wanted to tmpt fate and say this before as it has been a long road to recovery but i will try and get some pics of her now you can see how far she has come :wub:

Thanks everyone for your get well wishes. They worked :flowers:

• 2 weeks later...