UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Raw Feeding ?

Hollysdad

Glad you're getting on well with the raw feeding Sam. Don't forget to give them fish occasionally as well, the oils are so good for them. Clive had herring this morning (disappeared in a flash). Just gutted and cleaned and then chopped into four (though he's eaten them whole before).

None of mine will eat raw fish - oh noooo, noooooo way, never so they have pilchards in tomato sauce instead. Cats won't eat raw fish either, actually the cats won't eat raw full stop, I suppose at 16 they are stuck in their ways, although a few years ago Mac leapt up into Indy's bowl on the raised feeder and nicked a chicken wing, out the cat flap quick as a flash. Indy stepped back with much surprise and looked positively stunned by the audacity of the cat! So the next day I offered Mac his own chicken wings - no thanks Mum, don't like them! :wacko:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you're getting on well with the raw feeding Sam. Don't forget to give them fish occasionally as well, the oils are so good for them. Clive had herring this morning (disappeared in a flash). Just gutted and cleaned and then chopped into four (though he's eaten them whole before).

I do give them some pilchards sometimes, however that is tinned, but they seem to like it. Someone commented at the dog show about how shiny Wolfie's coat was (black gsd), although they don't get it as often as once a week quite.

oooh yes they like pilchards so I can try them with some other types of fish as well

Sam, is the organic doggy bag a sort of surprise doggy bag? Just trying to work out what comes in each bag. Would be something I'd be interested in but I feed minced meat in the morning and meaty bones in the evening. Just wanting to know if there is an even balance of bones to meat in each bag.

Sorry quoting myself but Saaaaaaaam?

• 4 months later...

Reading back through this post I am so jealous. Before we moved to Spain nearly 2 yrs ago my 6 dogs were able to enjoy a cheap raw diet mostly bought from AMP, but since moving here and going up to 8 dogs it has not been possible to keep it up. This is due to the Spaniards eating or using for stock every part of the animal carcuss, yes I mean every part YUK Thus making it to expensive to feed on a regular basis example is 1kl mince beef is 4.65 euros (around £4.50) and with 4 big, 2 medium and 2 small dogs this would only feed 1 meal :mecry: Pork is probably the cheapest but I don't like to feed it to them apart from ribs as a treat.

So all you lucky ones (and the one's yet to be converted) keep up the good work :flowers:

sorry Nettie for taking soooooooo long to answer , yes the contents change a bit each time and its more whole bits of offal

I am taking a pack out later for tommorows dinners so I can take some photos if that helps

Thanks Sam, I'm sure the dogs have eaten it by now! :laugh: No need for pics, thanks for the info.

Thanks Sam, I'm sure the dogs have eaten it by now! :laugh: No need for pics, thanks for the info.

Mark took out bones instead yesterday so I am doing it today instead and will take a closer look at "the bits"

It smells very good ( in a I don't eat meat but its does not smell bad kinda way ) and Grandma Squirrel says its good quailty