UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rspca Pull Out Of Crufts.

raiye

Having written to Pedigree foods to inform them I will no longer be buying their products due to their continued sponsorship of Crufts I've just had a reply, no surprise in the corporate response but I'll follow it up with a few examples of the health and welfare they wish to maintain.

Paul

--

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting Pedigree.

At PEDIGREE everything we do is for the love of dogs. We constantly work with breeders, owners and industry bodies to continually promote responsible dog ownership and breeding. As a company dedicated to dogs, we would like to see all dogs in good health and enjoying life to the full. We currently have no plans to withdraw our sponsorship of Crufts. We will support all parties to ensure that breeders and show organisers maintain pet health and welfare as their primary concern.

If you need any further information or advice please contact our Consumer Careline on the telephone number below and one of our Consumer Care Advisors will be more than happy to help you.

Kind regards.

Gail Jones

Consumer Care Team

I'd be more likely to stop going to Crufts because of it's association with Pedigree than the other way round :wacko: They're about as interested in the health of dogs as the KC is!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having written to Pedigree foods to inform them I will no longer be buying their products due to their continued sponsorship of Crufts I've just had a reply, no surprise in the corporate response but I'll follow it up with a few examples of the health and welfare they wish to maintain.

Paul

--

Dear Paul,

At PEDIGREE everything we do is for the love of dogs. We constantly work with breeders, owners and industry bodies to continually promote responsible dog ownership and breeding. As a company dedicated to dogs, we would like to see all dogs in good health and enjoying life to the full. We currently have no plans to withdraw our sponsorship of Crufts. We will support all parties to ensure that breeders and show organisers maintain pet health and welfare as their primary concern.

If you need any further information or advice please contact our Consumer Careline on the telephone number below and one of our Consumer Care Advisors will be more than happy to help you.

Kind regards.

Gail Jones

Consumer Care Team

Funnily enough, I sent them the following question:

"Why are Pedigree not following the example set by the RSPCA, Dogs Trust and Dog Wardens Association in pulling out of Crufts? Surely the phrase "Keeping our focus firmly on what's best for dogs" from your own Manifesto is now shown to be incompatable with support of Crufts in view of the Kennel Club's refusal to seriously acknowledge or address the issues of hereditory health problems in pedigree dogs? Surely if the welfare organisations cannot support Crufts on animal welfare grounds because of this, neither can you!"

and got this answer:

"Dear Cenydd,

Kind regards.

Gail Jones

Consumer Care Team "

Look familiar?! Completely ignored the question, too!

Funnily enough, I sent them the following question:

"Why are Pedigree not following the example set by the RSPCA, Dogs Trust and Dog Wardens Association in pulling out of Crufts? Surely the phrase "Keeping our focus firmly on what's best for dogs" from your own Manifesto is now shown to be incompatable with support of Crufts in view of the Kennel Club's refusal to seriously acknowledge or address the issues of hereditory health problems in pedigree dogs? Surely if the welfare organisations cannot support Crufts on animal welfare grounds because of this, neither can you!"

and got this answer:

"Dear Cenydd,

Kind regards.

Gail Jones

Consumer Care Team "

Look familiar?! Completely ignored the question, too!

:laugh: By eck' that must be one of the cushiest jobs going :laugh: Just send the exact same mail to every question asked :rolleyes: