UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Trap Needed-quick

tracyb

I am desperately trying to locate a trap large enough to catch a saluki. This dog is stray, has been getting fed but will not come anywhere near the food until you move well out of the way.

She's been out since Feb (believe she is a stolen dog from Jan that's escaped-cant prove it as yet unless anyone has access to Lurcherlink Records) Never been able to get picture or owners details to confirm it's there dog)

Anyway - the only way she's going to be caught is to trap her, it wont be overnight thing as she is extremely wary. I've tried Doglost contacts & not been able to sort it. So now cross posting as the guy who's been feeding her is worried about her safety & wants to get her safe before the weather gets worse.

One of the Norfolk rescues has them too, I'm trying to think which one.

Go on K9-999 yahoogroup and put a call out, and also worth asking on Greyhound Gap.

It is either Pact or Faith sanctuary in Norfolk which has a large trap available. I think it is Pact. They do ask for a deposit.

Thanks Jane- I know exactly which dog I think it is but have never been able to get access to owners or photos. LSB2771/1/L

I may be wrong but the one that turned up about 15/20 mins from where she got stolen sounds so like her & appear about 10days after she was stolen-without a pic he cant say it is or it isn't. It would be fantastic for this girl if it was Lucy & they wanted her back. I cant contact them to find out if their dogs back or not

Thanks for the other info about traps- am onto it

Thanks Jane- I know exactly which dog I think it is but have never been able to get access to owners or photos. LSB2771/1/L

I may be wrong but the one that turned up about 15/20 mins from where she got stolen sounds so like her & appear about 10days after she was stolen-without a pic he cant say it is or it isn't. It would be fantastic for this girl if it was Lucy & they wanted her back. I cant contact them to find out if their dogs back or not

Thanks for the other info about traps- am onto it

Will Pm kaye on LL and see if she can contact them, i think kayes registered on hear - but its very rare she comes on.

Thanks Jane, It would be good to get some pics so we can clarify things. Maggi from Mill Rescue is helping me sort a trap as well so fingers crossed we may get somewhere soon. The weather has been dreadful. No doubt she's curled up some where lovely & warm whilst we worry that she's keeping dry.

Appreciate everyone's help on this one

I got trap thanks to Maggie @ Mill Rescue & wonderful Martin who I cant thank enough for his help. I've now seen this dog myself & she is stunning, even though she's been out since Feb 08 that we know of - due to been fed every day she's in amazing condition.

I'm still unable to get owners phone number or picture. I need to ask them what she looked like unless anyone else knows. After seeing her myself I will know if it's there dog. They may not want her back. We still have to catch her.

Jane- has Kaye got back to you yet??