UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Does Anyone Know Of A Good Gardening Forum?

Rileyroo

We had our garden done for a tv programme last year - and as part of the makeover we got a fabulous weeping mulberry. When it arrived it was full of fruit, which ripened to black and were delicious - Riley thought so too :laugh: .

Anyway, this year we got no more than about 4 fruits from it - although its leaf growth is much thicker than last year. Unfortunately we don't know what sort of mulberry it is and I'm struggling to find any info on the net as to which sort it could be and why it hasn't fruited this year. There's stuff about male plants not fruiting and most weeping mulberries are male - but as it was covered last year that can't be the problem.

Anyone know where I could ask this question and stand a chance of someone knowing the answer?

:flowers:

I wondered about the possibility of contacting them too. Perhaps look at the tape of the show, and look on the credits at the end of the programme?

Good luck.

I would love to have a mulberry tree, but I thought they took years to fruit. I have very happy memories of having a farewell supper with my friend's family, the local vicar at the time, before they went off to retire to Yorkshire. We had mulberry pie with fruit from their garden.