UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Does Anyone Know This Yard?

Nettie

It's only a few miles from me, but I don't recognise it. I'm quite a few years out of touch with horse things though!

From the map it looks like it's on the edge of Chobham Common, which is lovely to ride across, but does have the M3 running across the middle.

Edited to add, that sounded a bit negative - I'm not trying to put you off. It's just if you wanted to ride in the middle of nowhere, there might be better places!

Edited by Karen

It's only a few miles from me, but I don't recognise it. I'm quite a few years out of touch with horse things though!

From the map it looks like it's on the edge of Chobham Common, which is lovely to ride across, but does have the M3 running across the middle.

Edited to add, that sounded a bit negative - I'm not trying to put you off. It's just if you wanted to ride in the middle of nowhere, there might be better places!

Thanks Karen, its not so much the middle of nowhere but is the nearest yard I could find to me that does western riding, I'm in Wandsworth so the middle of nowhere isn't really near here anyway! :laugh:

Sounds fantastic- you will have a great time.

I have ridden western and it is great fun but totally different in a good way :biggrin:

I have also ridden side saddle and i loved it- i would recommend it for your next adventure :cool:

Sorry- that was of no help what so ever was it? :wacko:

I know of a riding school in the same area which is good, but don't know of this place. Although that is no help to you either :flowers: Our YO used to have a yard in Chobham so will ask her tonight if she knows of it.

Looking at the website it sounds like a really fun day :biggrin:

Thanks for Cindy's details, both yards are about equidistance from me. I may do the day Western Course at Chobham first to see how I get on with it, then try Cindy's yard if western suits me, if it doesn't, then I think my riding days may have come to an end. The joints aren't what they used to be! :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

It was a fantastic day, beautiful and sunny, really friendly yard and a bit of a giggle. There are photos somewhere but I haven't got them yet! Today I ache in places that I forgot I could ache. Started with a coffe and a chat about the history of western riding, basically came from Spanish dressage. Then some exercises on how lightly the reins needed to be held. Horse brushing time followed by tacking up and learning the bits of different tack and how it all worked. An hour in the menage learning the nuts and bolts of how to ride and steer western style. Sandwiches and chat over lunch followed by a 2 hour trail ride on Cobham Common which was beautiful, we ended up at a high viewing point and there wasn't a building or road as far as the eye could see, of course the weather really made it a perfect day despite the jelly legs at the end of the day.