UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tummy Ache/colic?

Brammie

Ashie has been behaving strange for a while now - i will try and explain but im not sure it will make sense...

Sometimes his tummy will gurgle as if hes hungry and he will act very agitated refuse ALL food and keep asking to go outside so he can munch on grass - if i can get him to eat then it usually settles down and hes then very happy to eat his tea.

Last night i spent along time massaging his tummy which helped but no matter what i tried he just didnt want to eat and kept pacing :(

His poo is normal btw

It was a once in a blue moon thing but hes had it three times this week.

Any ideas? The vet didnt seem worried and said it was one of those things but i hate seeing him like that

We had a GSD that this used to happen too it would be so loud sometimes that it would wake us all up. :laugh: It didn't seem to worry him but if he had a bowl of milk it would normally settle.

I'm going to suggest my usual remedy of natural bio yoghurt in his food every day about a desert spoon in each meal as this builds up the 'friendly' bacteria.

All the above can work, as can a Rennie, or part of one - I give a Weimaraner 1/2 a Rennie. It's one of these things where you have to find the remedy that suits YOUR dog at the time.

I wouldn't give milk as it doesn't generally suit a Weim, but may be ok foir other kinds of dogs?

Sending Reiki too.

I wouldn't give milk as it doesn't generally suit a Weim, but may be ok foir other kinds of dogs?

Sorry forgot to add about milk but forgot :rolleyes:

If I do give any milk it's usually goats as it is easier to digest due to smaller fat molecules.

I will try the Slippery elm on him to.

Paula he already gets yogurt in his tea. Im wondering if its got something to do with the raw food hes getting for brekkie - he went through a phase at xmas of refusing all food and having bad tummy upsets and was fine once i gave him a break from the raw. The strange thing is hes usually got a cast iron stomach :mellow:

A lot of dogs find pork difficult to digest, just as people do, could be worth cutting out pork for a wee while and see if that makes a difference.

Maybe he'd be better eating more often? If possible a little something maybe an hour or so before the gurgling usually starts? I tend to feed mine something when I have my lunch too, not a big meal, just something so I don't feel greedy! I guess it's like a lot of things - finding what suits your dog best, they're all different.