UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Biccie Recipes Please

Gemstone

I have bought some bone shaped cookie cutters and a little recipe book but the recipes seem to have loads of ingredients, including dried skimmed milk :unsure:, but I haven't got any so can you share your dog biccie recipes please :flowers: .....especially if they don't include dried skimmed milk :wacko: :rolleyes: :laugh:

These are a big hit with Louie and quick and easy to make

Cheese & Garlic Bites

Ingredients:

1 cup wheat flour

1 cup cheddar cheese - grated

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon butter - softened

1/2 cup milk

Mix flour and cheese together.

Add garlic powder and softened butter.

Slowly add milk till you form a stiff dough. You may not need all of the milk.

Knead on floured board for a few minutes.

Cut out shapes and cook at gas mark 4 for 15 minutes

CHICKEN, APPLE, HONEY & GARLIC TREATS

Half a kilo chicken (or other ) mince

Approx half a kilo flour (plain or self raising)

Two apples

Two teaspoons garlic powder

One egg (optional)

Teaspoon lemon or lime juice (optional)

Dessert spoon honey (optional)

Chop apple up and put in bowl with the mince. Mix together thoroughly and then puree with a hand held or other blender.

Bung everything in a mixing bowl and mix together until it's all mushed up.

Knead the mixture on a floured surface for a couple of minutes. If it feels too sticky, chuck in a bit more flour until it's a workable consistency.

With a rolling pin, roll dough to between ¼ and ½ inch thickness.

Cut out shapes with cookie/biscuit cutter and place on a non stick baking tray.

Bake for approx 15-25 minutes (depending on thickness) at 200C.

Cool on a rack and feed to slavering dogs.

NB : You can also cook in microwave for five or six minutes. If you want to make a slab of it, just use less flour/more mince and roll out into a lasagne dish before cooking in microwave, then cut using a pizza cutter or knife while still moist.

Edited by merledogs

I never buy dog biscuits any more, it's just as easy to make them and once you get the hang of it you can make up your own concoctions, good things to use are, pasta sauce for cheese and tomato ones, peanut butter and honey, if you make hard liver treats the liver stock thats left over makes a good base for liver and garlic, I also like to add oats, hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds, bone meals another thing you can add, might as well make them healthy biscuits. When you cook them I find they keep better if, once they have cooked at the recommended temp, you reduce the temp to about 100-60, this dries them out, without burning them so they become really hard and last longer.