UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Getting Trisha's Trudge On The Oldies Home Page?

k9knitters

Hi Everyone

I'm about to blitz local radio stations / TV news along the route of Trisha's Trudge.....with the aim of raising the profile of her efforts, and help with the fundraising for Oldies/Dogs Trust.

I was going to include a link to the Oldies Club in the email I'm sending around - but noticed that Trish doesn't even appear any where obvious on the home page. :unsure: Any chance that we can get her back on there on the 'Latest Oldies News' bits? Suspect she was on there when she started her trudge back in May......but surely we can't class her as 'old news' already, can we?!!

Who do I need to contact re updating the home page?

Cheers, Carrie

Hi Carrie, thanks very much for your help :flowers:

Yes there was a news piece on Trish when she started off, well there still is, but we only have a certain number of news items linked to from the main page so only the most recent bits will show. Of course she's not "old news" anymore than our vet appeal is, but when new pieces are added, older pieces are pushed down.

There is a link on the right hand side under the fundraising and events section, there's a page called Trish's Trudge, mentioned on the homepage, which details her walk and provides a link to her website and blog.

I'll see if I can add another news piece to bring her back up to the top while you are doing this for us, although that will then push down another sponsor run taking place this month, so leave me to have a think :flowers:

I wonder if the Dogs Trust could add something to their site too, that would really help boost publicity for the walk - anyone have any head office contacts?

Oooh, thanks so much for helping out with this Carrie!

Until someone else comes along to help regarding the home page...

We've featured Trish on her very own page on the website and here's the link to it. She's also at the top of the events page, which is here.

The news page for her is here.

:flowers:

Anyone on the web team can do it - [email protected]

The news story about her starting is in the main news list here: http://www.oldies.org.uk/?cat=16 - we seem to have so much news at the moment that it's got knocked down.

If you are doing some PR, any chance you could do an updated 'the story so far' news story for us, if we could pop that in as a new story that would probably be better than just moving the old news story to the front page! The newest stories are the ones that go on the home page.

ooops, Ange and kelly posted while I was posting!

Edited by cycas

If you are doing some PR, any chance you could do an updated 'the story so far' news story for us, if we could pop that in as a new story that would probably be better than just moving the old news story to the front page! The newest stories are the ones that go on the home page.

That sounds a good idea. I shall try and do a brief piece, basing it on Trish's words on her blog. Will run it past her before finalising it.

Re contacts at Dogs Trust HQ, I can certainly ask a couple of the local centre managers who I know from my k9knitters efforts if they can recommend anyone. But I've been trying to get a k9knitters feature in their supporter's mag "Wag" for two years now and it just falls on deaf ears :( So, if anyone has a personal contact at HQ, that would be preferable.

I've popped a post onto DoggySnaps.com in the Dogs Trust forum - so it maybe someone picks up on it there!

In the mean time, all the local radio stations on Trish's route and a couple of local TV presenters have been contacted. Local newspapers are next, and then the national broadcasters......

I think I missed my vocation!

Cheers, Carrie

Edited by k9knitters

Just had a text from Trish. We have a lady who covers BBC areas Bristol, Wiltshire & Gloucestershire interested.....who's going to arrange for interviews etc when Trish is passing through those areas.

Considering I only emailed her a couple of hours ago, that's not a bad start!

Cheers, Carrie