UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Might Need A New Washing Machine

Mrs B

Miele are fantastic. Recently bought a washing maching and a tumble dryer both Miele. Washing time is cut down so much and the clothes are brilliantly clean and not screwed up anymore, plus most have a honeycomb drum which means there are no holes in it. Guaranteed for 10 years (5 years when bought and an extra 5 if you send away your guarantee card), built to last 20 years all parts for all machines guaranteed to be stocked for many years. Mine has hand-wash and delicates, shirts, denim loads of gizmo's.

Very very heavy machines so don't get if you want to constantly pull them out. Expensive too, but you really do get what you pay for with Miele.

Also as Merle says do look at Revoo, they have good reviews and opinions and give the energy ratings.

Another interesting fact, so I am told by the fitters, is that they never get to take away a Miele to recondition, people keep them forever.

Miele are fantastic. Recently bought a washing maching and a tumble dryer both Miele. Washing time is cut down so much and the clothes are brilliantly clean and not screwed up anymore, plus most have a honeycomb drum which means there are no holes in it. Guaranteed for 10 years (5 years when bought and an extra 5 if you send away your guarantee card), built to last 20 years all parts for all machines guaranteed to be stocked for many years. Mine has hand-wash and delicates, shirts, denim loads of gizmo's.

Very very heavy machines so don't get if you want to constantly pull them out. Expensive too, but you really do get what you pay for with Miele.

Also as Merle says do look at Revoo, they have good reviews and opinions and give the energy ratings.

Another interesting fact, so I am told by the fitters, is that they never get to take away a Miele to recondition, people keep them forever.

I am on my 2nd Miele, the last one lasted about 12 years, that included plenty of hot washes, as I used re-useable nappies for the children quite a lot. We have had a hiccup with this one, when it basically got clogged up with gunk, I bet that is from all the animal bedding - whoops! But the engineer came and it took him quite a while to fathom it out, but eventually he found the problem.

Once the engineer left a fastening off one of the water pipes and it took months, but eventually the pipe came off and started to flood the utility room. He left the evidence that he had been around that part of the machine earlier, his pen was there! Mostly though they do seem to wash clean, and mine has a spin speed of up to 1600 rpm, so it is good for towels. I use the time delay quite a lot and wash at night on the cheaper electricity thingy.

They are very heavy machines and not good if you need to pull them out often.

I suppose I must like them if I am on my second.

Thanks for all your replies. They've been very interesting - and helpful.

Currently waiting for the Washing Machine Man - some time between 8 and 12!

Maybe I ought to actually go get dressed and stop doing all the housework in my dressing gown. Don't want to scare the man away before he arrives!

My washing machine is now officially dead. :)

I've rung OH to say "when are we going washing machine shopping ................ "

Looks as if the front runners amongst Fugees here so far are Bosch, Zanussi and Miele.

Guess I'd better go to work now. :( Assuming I can find something clean to wear!

Edited by Mrs B