UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

New Loving Home Needed For My Special Staffie Lola

Maly

Hello,

I urgently need to find a very loving home for my special little girl Lola. She's an 18 month old black & white Staffie who is very very loving and quiet.

I got her when she was 6 weeks old (which I know is very young) as the 'breeder' locked the mum & the 7 puppies in a dark room with one bowl of food and one of water. This meant that they all had to compete and as Lola was the runt she was severley malnourished.

Over time she's gained weight and confidence and is now a bright eyed bushy tailed young dog. She's still nervous of loud bangs or shouting, but other than that she's very easy going.

She likes her walks and playing fetch and doesn't pull on her lead. However her favourite thing to do is to curl up by my feet (or on the sofa if I'd let her!) with a hide chew. She basically just wants to be around people and feel loved.

Lola's had all her injections, has been spayed and we've been to lots of puppy classes. She's been around children over 5 (never younger as my youngest cousin is 5) without any problems.

She's very small for a Staffie but is very clever and her coat gleams it's so shiny. She's a very pretty little dog and would make an ideal comanion for someone who would give her lots of cuddles.

I live in Leeds but am more than happy to travel to find the right home for Lola.

I love my dog dearly and am so sad to have to rehome her. I've had a very hard choice to make between her and my American Bulldog Tila, but personality & size wise I think it will be easier to find a home for Lola so I'm trying to be sensible. Lola's helped me through so much over the past year, I owe it to her to find a good, caring permanent home.

If you can help at all please get in touch.

Maly x

Lola sounds lovely, I'm very sorry you're having to rehome her.

Have you tried any staffie rescues to see if they can help? There are a few people on the board who are involved in bullbreed rescue, don't know if they will have any suggestions, but there's also the Northern SBT Rescue: http://www.sbtrescue.org.uk/ although it does say they are in the process of moving premises, but you could give them as a call as it's urgent, if you've not already tried them?

Lola sounds lovely, I'm very sorry you're having to rehome her.

Have you tried any staffie rescues to see if they can help? There are a few people on the board who are involved in bullbreed rescue, don't know if they will have any suggestions, but there's also the Northern SBT Rescue: http://www.sbtrescue.org.uk/ although it does say they are in the process of moving premises, but you could give them as a call as it's urgent, if you've not already tried them?

Thanks but unfortunately they were among the first places I tried! The places that haven't relied have been emailed or had messages left on answerphones etc.

So far they all told me to try to crate train my other dog to accept Lola but this really isn't an option due to a huge list of factors, not to mention being the wrong thing for Lola as she's already becoming stressed by the situation and weeks or months of unrest would surely not help her.

Basically the only other thing they told me to do was to advertise privately for a new home as they couldn't help me!

Maly x